Monday, April 14, 2008

His Majesty The Tree - the Piecemakers 2002 calander quilt.

I have been working on this quilt since 2003 and am now about halfway to completion. But then of course there is the large center block that is one tree representing all 4 stages for the different seasons. When I first saw this quilt "in the flesh" I knew I just had to make my own. I love the different trees, and all the stitiches etc for each block. The calander "pattern" gives ideas etc for each block but I also have and am adding my own twist to things. I am not sure any of the blocks are completely done yet since there always seems to be something else that needs to sneak in to that months block!! I am really enjoying working on this.


These are three of the corners for the March block I am just completing the tree. The March tree is The Liquid Amber Tree.




3 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

This quilt is absolutely AMAZING!!! What an incredible work of art you are creating! I am in awe!
Hugs,
Kerry

Anonymous said...

I just love your work and this pattern do you know where I can get the pattern I would love to do this pattern.

gocrazywithme said...

Wow, Connie! I hadn't visited your blog in awhile, so I hadn't seen the photos of your PM tree quilt. It's incredible! You better bring it to retreat next year so we can admire it in person.